If you are interested in working out from home and don’t know where to start, then this is for you! To work out from home, you don’t need a ton of equipment. Some good things to have on hand are, a mat, a set of weights, resistance bands, proper shoes and clothing. Some extra things that I love to have, but is not necessary, is a fitness watch and water bottle. Here is a list of some of the best fitness equipment for home to help get you started.
A mat is great to have on hand if you have to lay down on the floor or get down on your knees, to provide cushion and not be uncomfortable. I love to have one that I can roll up and take on the go with me, such as this one from amazon. The
- Is comfortable for people of all shapes and sizes and cushions spine, hips, knees and elbows on hard floors
- has double-sided non-slip surfaces to prevent injuries
If you are looking for a mat that is bigger and have enough room in your house, then this large exercise mat is excellent for being able to do your whole workout on. This Premium Large Exercise Gorilla Mat is large enough for any workout including high intensity workouts and it also protects your joints.
If you are just starting out on your fitness journey, then you will probably be starting out with lighter weights. It is great to have on hand different weights for different exercise movements. This BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbells comes with
- 32 pound dumbbell set with stand, including one pair of 3, 5, and 8 pound weights and
- Easy-grip coating for a secure hold
Most workouts require using dumbbells or resistance bands. In that case you may prefer to use resistance bands. Resistance bands are easy to use, small and compact and do not take up much storage and portable if you need to take weights with you on the go. They are nice to have on hand if you don’t want to use dumbbells or if you need to use them in replace of using a pull up bar. You can anchor them to the door and voila you are set to go.
The TRIBE 11PC ATHLETIC SERIES PREMIUM RESISTANCE BANDS SET is Amazon’s #1 best-seller and comes with
- 5X color-coded resistance tube bands from 5lbs up to 35lbs.
- All bands are 48″ and can be stacked to make up to 105 lbs.
- This set comes with soft-grip handles, door safe anchor, soft ankle straps and waterproof carrying bag.
Another type of resistance bands is the loop bands. These bands form a loop and are great for lower-body exercises.
The Fit Simplify Resistance Loop Exercise Bands is Amazon’s choice and comes with
- heavy-duty resistance loop bands that are made up of 100% natural latex
- 5 resistance levels that makes them perfect whether you are just starting to workout or are already experienced.
Water bottles are important so you can make sure you are drinking plenty of water! I love to have a water bottle that at least has measurements on them so I can keep track of how much I am drinking. The AQUANEÜ 30oz Inspirational Fitness Workout Sports Water Bottle
- has marked times on the bottle so you can plan on drinking a certain amount at a certain time
- has measurements so you can keep track of how much you are drinking
- and an inspirational quote to help keep you motivated in drinking water
Exercise equipment doesn’t have to cost that much and it is a great investment to have these products on hand when you are working out. If you think about it, a gym membership will cost you more in the long run and you will not have anything that is yours. I also recommend having proper shoes and clothing. Check out my review on the different types of shoes and clothing. Also, a water bottle is nice to have on hand!